DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry. The DHL family of divisions offers an unrivaled portfolio of logistics services ranging from national and international parcel delivery, e-commerce shipping and fulfillment solutions, international express, road, air, and ocean transport to industrial supply chain management.
Finding a ‘real time’ agile solution that can support busy ‘Service Centers’ to track and maintain driver compliance, conduct random vehicle safety audits to ensure compliance with Chain of Responsibility legislation, together with visitor control, all with full mobile capability.
- A single cloud-based software system to manage onboarding, licenses, and insurance for 3PL contractors.
- An easy-to-access and easy-to-use portal/interface for end users, including full mobile functionality.
- Availability for future expansion with the same system to include Risk Management, Work Permitting, and Safety Management.
- Comprehensive, real-time reporting.
- Clear, ‘traffic light’ system to provide a visual indication of compliance with legislation and DHL’s compliance framework.
- A visitor management solution to support the front-of-house management and provide visibility of visitor movement, in/out access, and compliance to do so, together with automated alerts for managers.
Conscious that Beakon delivers ‘Out of the Box’, OOTB best practice as an ISO-compliant framework, Caltex elected to initially use Beakon with minimal customizations, deploying the system to a live environment and making changes as required. The Beakon software for compliance and contractor management is a fantastic asset, with a very user-friendly interface and a huge success for Caltex.
The project was instrumental in centralizing Caltex’s contractor and third-party compliance management whilst also delivering operational efficiencies.
“We had a very tight timeframe to implement our Beakon system. Whilst our implementation timeline was a challenge, it was important for us to get the fundamentals right, and adopt a staged approach which meant we used most functionality ‘Out of the Box’. Fortuitously,
Beakon’s off-the-shelf framework is ISO-based and very robust; in the end, we found this more than met our base-level requirements. Now that we have delivered Phase 1 of our Contractor and Third-Party compliance systems for Service Centres, we are now in a position to further enhance the Beakon system’s functionality and utilization to deliver an operationally efficient tool for our staff and contractors/ third-parties.
We look forward to implementing Phase 2 of our Contractor and Third-Party compliance systems which will include QR codes for Visitor Management”