ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proven reserves. Across our 17 countries of operations, 10,800 people work in a truly integrated way to find and produce oil and natural gas.
We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world.
- Finding a ‘real time’ agile solution that can support a high-risk and multifaceted business both on/offshore.
- No task is so important that we can’t take the time to do it safely. A safe company is a successful company, so minimizing and mitigating risks is a priority for ConocoPhillips.
- Identifying a software solution that could support our teams in the field while giving a real-time overview to our Safety Leaders was imperative
- A single cloud-based software system to manage onboarding, licenses, and insurance for 3PL contractors.
- An easy-to-access and easy-to-use portal/interface for end users, including full mobile functionality.
- High-Risk Work Management, Work Permitting, and Safety Management.
- Comprehensive, real-time reporting.
- Clear, ‘traffic light’ system to provide a visual indication of compliance to legislation and Caltex’s compliance framework.
Conscious that Beakon delivers OOTB best practice as an ISO-compliant framework, ConocoPhillips elected to initially use Beakon with minimal customizations, deploying the system to a live environment and making changes as required; “Beakon software for compliance and contractor management was a fantastic asset, with a very user-friendly interface.
This has been a huge help with centralizing our contractor and third-party compliance management whilst also delivering operational efficiencies”.
“We had a very tight timeframe to implement our Beakon system. Whilst our implementation timeline was a challenge, it was important for us to get the fundamentals right, and adopt a staged approach which meant we used most functionality ‘Out of the Box’. Fortuitously,
Beakon’s off-the-shelf framework is ISO-based and very robust; in the end, we found this more than met our base-level requirements. Now that we have delivered Phase 1 of our Contractor and Third-Party compliance systems, we are now in a position to further enhance the Beakon system’s functionality and utilization to deliver an operationally efficient tool for our staff and contractors/ third-parties.
We look forward to implementing Phase 2 of our Contractor and Third-Party compliance systems”.