Brisbane Airport (BNE) Operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and has two major Terminals accommodating 35 airlines flying to 84 domestic and International destinations.
While maintaining the vision for BNE to be world best and the preferred choice for passengers, airlines, business and the community, BNE manages the airport with a strong focus on community, sustainability, education, knowledge and economic growth, adopting world-leading technologies, systems and practices.
Identify a single cloud-based software system to manage onboarding, licenses, and insurances for 3PL contractors. An easy-to-access and easy-to-use portal /interface for end-users, including full mobile functionality to manage Work Orders, and related safety compliance activities in the one place.
- Comprehensive, real-time reporting.
- Clear, ‘traffic light’ system to provide visual indication of compliance to legislation and BNE’s compliance framework.
- Reduce time to Prepare, Request Approval, Plan and Execute High Risk Permit Work.
- Genuine Isolation Planning capability.
- Dynamic E-Forms to create;
- Job Safety Analysis
- Project Planning and approvals
- Isolation management
- Shutdown Plans
Permit to Work at BNE is critical. It is a highly security focused environment that operates 24/7 and the solution needed to provide absolute visibility of adherence to regulation, licensing, qualifications, competency and inductions.
Beakon not only met these requirements but they also provided room for further growth with additional modules available for deployment when required. BNE is always expanding, including new runway construction, so futureproofing was also crucial.
Beakon met the need for an electronic permit to work system that could drive and record isolation and shutdown procedures for each job.
Being cloud base with full mobile functionality, together with the flexible, customer focused approach Beakon was engaged to deliver the project.
Knowing that Beakon’s ‘Out of the Box’ solution met all the core project needs BNE deployed default, module and then refined and tailored the foundation system to meet their exclusive compliance regulation needs. This meant a smooth implementation, delivered on time.
With the airport environment being so incredibly secure and with downtime coming at a substantial cost, the Permit to Work module provided several benefits;
- Standardised job safety analysis.
- Great visibility of where, when and who was carrying out High Risk Work.
- Increased efficiency and substantial cost savings per month.
- Simplified and automated process to assess, plan, prepare and execute high risk work.
- Quality of control measures through an approval process to ensure genuine risk management.
- Clarity of compliance to legislative requirements, protecting passengers, staff and the general public in a busy facility.
BNE had a tight timeframe to implement the Beakon system. Whilst the implementation was a challenge, it was important to get the fundamentals right, and adopting a staged approach meant most functionalities was used ‘Out of the Box’. Fortuitously, Beakon’s off-the-shelf framework is ISO-based which more than met the base-level requirements.
Now that the Permit to Work system has been deployed, BNE is now able to further enhance the Beakon functionality and utilization by deploying Contractor Management.