The Health and Safety Training, Risk Assessment and Other Functions of Safety Consultants
Beakon offers Safety Services & Consultancy, Occupational Health and Safety services and evaluations. Our Safety Management System is designed to compliment your Health and Safety Training and provide you with the tools ensure that your workplace remains safe and free of harm
Our Safety Management System’s functions include:
OHSAS 18001 Safety Management Systems
It originally emerged in order to fulfill the need for a recognized standard which could act as the benchmark for certification and assessments. Organizations that apply this specification are those that wish to accomplish the following:
- Implement an OH&S management system to protect employees and any other involved parties who are exposed to risks brought about by the activities of the organization.
- Ensure it conforms to the OH&S policy of choice and provide evidence of conformance to any interested parties
- Establish, maintain and continually improve their OH&S management system
- Determined and committed to conformance of this OHSAS specification
- Plan to go for certification or registration of its OH&S management system by an independent organization
The benefits of OHSAS 18001 safety management systems include:
- Minimizing exposure of employees, the public and any other parties to occupational health and safety risks brought about by the nature of the organizations activities.
- The reduction of risks, accidents and related injuries translates into reduced costs which may be brought about by lawsuits, reduced insurance premiums and compensations.
- It assures and demonstrates to all interested parties, including regulatory organizations, that the organization conforms to occupational health and safety requirements.
- It reassures interested parties that the organization practices due diligence.
- It provides more effective management with a consistent and proven management approach to Health and Safety risks both in the present and in future.
- It allows continuous improvement of the occupational health and safety management system.
Safety Statement Development
All companies should have a Safety Statement (Safety Management System) as required by the Safety Health and Welfare of Work Act 2005 and in compliance with Section 20. The basis of Safety Statements is the identification of hazards and assessment of risks associated with the company’s activities.
Beakon develops Safety Statements for businesses in compliance with the Act, and ensures safety in the workplace. Failure to manage workplace health and safety poses serious risks to an organization especially with the prevalence of workplace injuries and the increase in legislative requirements. Most organizations do not fail intentionally, but rather due to a lack of knowledge and systems to appropriately manage health and safety.
The best way to manage health and safety risks in an organization is to implement an Occupational Health & Safety Management system as the solid basis to risk management. The management can opt for a formalized or non-formalized system, but it is important to follow the standards set by the OHSAS 18001.
OHSAS 18001 revolves around risk management principles and its model resembles the ISO series of international standards. It integrates seamlessly with other risk management systems in the companies. Another advantage of following this standard is that it makes it easy to gain ISO18001 accreditation since the basics of the accreditation are already in place.
Inspections and Audits
Every company has to deal with safety issues. Beakon Safety Audit system provides a user-friendly alternative to paper based manual systems for recording safety audits. An effective system involves regular evaluation of performance and improvement of the system. Our Safety Audit system makes it incredibly easy to design, create and maintain custom audit forms for the company, since the design interface is already in place!
For example, the ‘common question feature’ is useful in identifying the most common issues to include in the audit forms. Safety Audit also acts as a powerful search engine for reporting purposes. This makes it possible to see the reports needed when they are needed, providing the right information at just the right time and in a variety of formats. Safety Audit tools are affordable, easy to use, and valuable for all types of companies.