Proudly Australian, Caltex has grown from humble beginnings to become the nation’s outright leader in transport fuels, supplying one-third of all of Australia’s transport fuel needs. Through a flexible fuel supply chain, they have forged a reputation for providing a safe and reliable supply of high-quality fuels to a diverse number of customer segments, including retail, mining, agriculture, aviation, transport, small-to-medium enterprises, marine, automotive, and government. Caltex is also one of Australia’s largest convenience retailers.
- A single cloud-based software system to manage onboarding, licenses, and insurance for 3PL contractors.
- An easy-to-access and easy-to-use portal/interface for end users, including full mobile functionality.
- Availability for future expansion with the same system to include Risk Management, Work Permitting, and Safety Management.
- Comprehensive, real-time reporting.
- Clear, ‘traffic light’ system to provide a visual indication of compliance to legislation and Caltex’s compliance framework.
- A visitor management solution to support front-of-house management and provide visibility of visitor movement, in/out access, and compliance to do so, together with automated alerts for managers.
Conscious that Beakon delivers ‘Out of the Box’, OOTB best practice as an ISO-compliant framework, Caltex elected to initially use Beakon with minimal customizations, deploying the system to a live environment and making changes as required. The Beakon software for compliance and contractor management is a fantastic asset, with a very user-friendly interface and a huge success for Caltex.
The project was instrumental in centralizing Caltex’s contractor and third-party compliance management whilst also delivering operational efficiencies.
Caltex had a very tight timeframe to implement the Beakon system. Whilst the implementation timeline was a challenge, it was important for Caltex to get the fundamentals right, and adopt a staged approach which meant they used most functionality ‘Out of the Box’. Fortuitously, Beakon’s off-the-shelf framework is ISO-based and very robust and in the end, Caltex found this more than met base-level requirements.
Now that Phase 1 of our Contractor and Third-Party compliance systems for Service Centres has been delivered, Caltex is now in a position to further enhance the system’s functionality and utilization to deliver an operationally efficient tool for our staff and contractors/third parties including incident management.
We look forward to implementing Phase 2 of our Contractor and Third-Party compliance systems focusing on ‘Chain of Responsibility’ legislative requirements which although at times complex, remain clear and easily embedded in our processes through the Beakon solution.